MBA Admission Management Quota in Retail Management
The retail management is a unique specialist in master in business administration; the course is for candidates seeking to break the exciting and fast-paced trade industry. So head start in getting MBA admission management quota in retail management. The course offers a strong industry connections and an established reputation for developing future trade industry leaders.
This master programme is suited to graduates who wish to pursue a career in the most dynamic business sector, deepen their understanding of trade business processes, and broaden their perspective in the mentioned specialization.
Retailing process involves a direct interface with the customer and the coordination of business activities from the design stage of a product to its delivery and post-delivery service. Generally, trade business can be classified into several types depending on their size, shape, product lines, amount of service they offer and prices they charge etc. Some among them are specialty stores, supermarket/ malls, factory outlets, franchises, chain stores, discount stores, lifestyle & personal products, furnishing household appliances & groceries stores etc.
Eligibility:( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- The minimum eligibility for this course is a graduation degree. The candidate must have passed graduation degree with a recommended aggregate of 45% from a recognized university or any other equivalent exam.
- There are no restrictions in terms of academic backgrounds. Candidates with any background can apply for and pursue this course.
- An entrance exam is the preferred mode of joining by most colleges for this course. The candidates with their graduation results awaited are welcomed to apply for this course.
Personal skills: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Talented, dedicated people, who possess a wide variety of skills, are needed to effectively run a large trade business. In order to excel in the trade profession, it is more important to have personal skills than having professional certificates.
- The most essential ability needed is an analytical mind along with good leadership qualities and positive attitude. They must possess good communication and problem-solving skills, knack for convincing people and the ability to mingle with people at varied levels.
- They must be self-confident and always be updated with the changes in the trade market and be familiar with advertising and merchandising techniques.
- Enthusiasm and creativity will always count able in this career. Apart from these, one should have tact, patience, and an interest in sales work, a neat appearance and the ability to communicate clearly.
Career forecast: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- With the tremendous growth of economy, trade managing has emerged as one of the fastest growing careers in India. The enormous expansion in the trade sector during the past few years has thrown up a big demand for skilled professionals in the field.
- It is an industry looking for people at all levels, from the school pass out with basic skills, to the well qualified supply chain and Trade managing professionals.
- One can take up a job depending on one’s interest and aptitude, since trade industry is an array of activities starting from marketing to branding. This makes trade profession one of the most demanding careers of the era.
Occupation Designation in this Sector: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Customer Sales Associate: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
It is the entry-level post of trade business. But as every trade shop is completely dependent upon the sales they get, this is one of the important posts in this profession. To be a good sales person, one should have good knowledge about the products, the shop, the customers etc. Department Manager / Floor Manager/ Category Manager – These are some of the posts one could handle in the store.
- Store Manager: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
Store managers sometimes called General Manager or Store Director, are responsible for managing an individual store and its day-to-day functioning. The store manager is in charge of the employees of the store and he himself may report to a District or Area manager or the store’s owner.
- Trade Operation Manager:( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
It is the duty of a trade manager to plan and coordinate the operations of the outlet. This involves the layout of merchandise, monitoring the trade orders and stock, analyzing the supply etc. Candidates with Master Degree can start off as trade managers.
- Trade Buyers and Merchandisers: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
They are the persons who select and buy the goods for the trade shop. They should understand the needs of the customer, should be aware of the trends in the market, and should possess great enthusiasm and energy.
- Visual Merchandisers: ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
These people give the brand a face, so they hold one of the very important positions in the industry. Being a part of concept and design one could also be a technical designer, product developer and store planner.
- Category Manager : ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
The job of a category manager is to ensure that the inventory levels of the products in the category are kept at optimal levels. This is a tricky role because too much inventory is a loss to the company because it requires larger warehouse space and also commodities could go waste in case of perishable goods. Fewer inventories would mean the store would be unable to fulfill demand and hence is a case of an opportunity lost.
- Manager Back-end Operations ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Logistics and Warehouse Managers ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Retail Communication Manager ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Manager Private label Brands ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- Retail Marketing Executives ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
Intercontinental Focus ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- The concept of supermarkets and hypermarkets has been borrowed by India from abroad from brand names such as Wal Mart. A company like Wal Mart uses advanced supply chain strategies to market and sell its products.
- Much to the satisfaction of Indians, brands such as Ray-Ban, Bose, Gucci and Mango that sell fashion products have also entered the Indian market long time ago to provide a high end Indian customer with quality products.
Pros of doing these specialized course : ( MBA admission management quota in retail management )
- There are several foreign trade chains from countries like Germany, the US and the UK which are opening up stores in India every year. As a result, these have generated many opportunities for job seekers.
- The trade systems in general are very colorful and exciting. Individuals pursuing a job in this industry get wide exposure and an opportunity to interact with different kinds of people.
** MBA admission management quota in retail management **
Read this also:
Top College for MBA Admission in Management Quota
Top 50 Colleges for MBA Direct Admission in Management quota
Top B School Bangalore Direct MBA Admission
Get Admission in top MBA Colleges by Management Quota