MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School
MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School, MBA in Financial Management Direct Admission Finance being the lifeblood of any business there is ample career scope for a post graduate in management with Finance. Read this article to know more about challenges and opportunities of a career in MBA Finance. MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School Contact Ace1GuruVisit our website www.direct-mba.com or email us: email@example.com Call @ 9742479101 (Ankit Mishra) || 9742886036 (Anis) || 9035556036 (Mayur Gautam)
An MBA specialization in finance
An MBA specialization in finance will prove to be invaluable for those thinking about a career that deals with money post-graduation. Those who choose to go into the field of finance will be required to have strong skills in mathematics, economics, and financial theory, all of which are covered in great detail in a finance degree, specialization or track. An MBA in finance balances mathematical rigor with management classes, and can be a good way to direct your career towards c-suite jobs in finance. As well as what you learn in the classroom, you will be able to undertake a finance internship (at most schools) allowing you to expand on your MBA while actively researching whether or not a career in finance is right for you.
What does a finance MBA cover? A finance MBA prepares students for careers in:
(MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
- Financial planning
- Banking (MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
- Corporate finance
- A number of other careers in, and closely related to, the financial sector
Skills taught- As you’ll be dealing almost exclusively with numbers in the finance industry, mathematics is an essential part of any finance degree. Courses focus on investment, investment strategy, local and global economics, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), corporate risk & insurance and financial theory. An MBA in finance will place a stronger focus on theory and analysis in finance, with students expanding and cementing skills and techniques in mathematics, statistics and economic analysis, directly related to projects and tasks handled at management level in the workplace. Students will learn through activities including teamwork projects, management simulations, role playing, and traditional lectures.
Finance MBA courses/curriculum- (MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
While courses vary from school to school, finance MBA courses typically include:
- Corporate investment management
- Portfolio management
- Hedge fund management
- Small business and corporate finance
- Securities analysis
- International finance
- Coverage of global financial institutions, valuation, volatility, fixed income securities, international markets and macroeconomics
Read on to : MBA Direct Admission Related FAQS in Top Colleges
An MBA in finance or a specialized master’s degree?- (MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
An MBA in finance will prepare students for senior level and management jobs in the financial sector, with courses focusing on management, communications, marketing, business leadership and organizational behavior. Almost all MBA programs require the GMAT or GRE for acceptance. An MSc in finance, on the other hand focuses more on technical and operational competencies, with classes such as linear algebra, differential equations and multivariable calculus taking precedence over management skills. Generally, an MBA in finance is geared more for leadership positions in the financial sector while an MSc in finance – generally more targeted at pre-experienced candidates as well as those looking to move into specialized technical roles – is better suited to candidates moving into operational functions. Where an MBA in finance might pave the way to a CFO or hedge fund manager role, an MSc in finance might be appropriate for actuaries, economic theorists, economic behavioral modeling and financial analysts in the making.
Finance MBA prerequisites- (MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
A strong background in mathematics is required for an MBA in finance, on top of the usual communication and managerial skills demanded by MBA programs universally, and a minimum of two years of experience for entry to most schools.
Finance is an ever-popular discipline, so getting into a top school will require a competitive GMAT score. Average scores for top business schools can be well in excess of 700 (in North America in particular). Since finance programs are looking for the math savvy, most schools are looking for quantitative section numbers in the 40-60 range; Wharton, for example, has an average quant score of 47.
Read on to : Top Colleges and Its Programs for MBA Direct Admission
Specializations within finance- (MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School)
- While an MBA in finance typically prepares graduates for a broad range of careers, some business schools offer a deeper specialization for those with a particular field of interest in mind.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) specialization allows holders to practice accountancy as an individual, or as part of a corporation.
- Many independent CPAs deal with tax services, personal wealth, personal investments and smaller amounts of money on the private side.
- When working for a larger firm, the CPA specialization means that certificate holders will operate in the financial arm of the company, particularly with taxes, corporate money, wealth management and other investment and monetary based roles.
- The Certified Financial Adviser (CFA) works both publicly and privately with either individuals or companies to help them make wise investments and purchases, build investment portfolios, and generally manage their money.
- A Certified Management Accountant (CMA) handles almost all of the financial aspects of a company, from forecasting the profit margins of specific projects to advising directors on the best means of achieving financial growth and protecting their company from potential risk.
- International finance is not only a huge sector, but, according to the QS Jobs & Salaries Trends Report 2014/15, a growing one as well.
- Specializing in this field opens up opportunities in international investment, banking and taxation, as well as allowing international financiers insights into developing markets.
- Financial economics focuses more on microeconomics in terms of optimization, equilibrium and comparative statics.
- This specialization is more observational, looking at the models of how producers and consumers function in a given economy.
- Corporate finance is where most finance MBAs will be looking to end up, as a fund manager for instance, or financial personnel manager.
- Topics within corporate finance are typically focused on how to grow the corporation’s capital by means of mergers & acquisitions, financial forecasting, managing investments and managing investment strategies.
MBA- Finance Management quota Admission in B- School
Contact Ace1GuruVisit our website www.mba-guru.com or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Call @ 9742479101 (Ankit Mishra) || 9742886036 (Anis) || 9035556036 (Mayur Gautam)